Friday 10 April 2009

Vito 9 Day's Old. Am i Unique....?

I left home at 7pm tonight. It can take me anywhere between 30/40 mins to get into an area where you stand any chance of trapping a fare. As Iv said before. I drive in on the M1 from Junction 5. Tonight I decided to try something different. I Turned off the Hendon way and went up through Hampstead. I was hailed by this Russian looking woman with two young children. outside Hampstead Tube. Now she wants to go to Highgate west hill. But would like to stop off at a toy store on the way. The nearest I could think of was at Brent Cross, Toys R us. But she said it was too far. And was there not one in Highgate. No I'm afraid there isn't. Under my breath saying if you hang around long enough they might build one for you.

Anyway after dropping off in Highgate. I drove down through kentish town. Across into Camden. Up The top of Delancey Street Via Jamestown rd and Arlington rd. Down Albany st. Across into Great Portland st. Oxford circus, Berkeley Sq, Hamilton place.
The Hilton Was full with cabs including both feed ranks.... South carriage drive I get flashing headlights from a colleague driving in the opposite direction. Toes up there's Pc plod stood with his Speed gun pointed at me doing 20mph. Anyway down Exhibition rd And finally onto the South Kensington rank. 15mins later and a good hour after dropping my last fare. I get off to Prince of Wales drive in Battersea. A German couple with two young children. Now he would like the Southwest corner of the road so could I go Via Albert bridge. The moment I had been dreading That Dodgy 6'6" on Albert bridge. I got through pretty easily. But as Carlos says. I haven't really done it yet because I approached it head on. And not turning left onto it from the embankment.

Anyway after returning back north of the river. Via Chelsea bridge I hasten to add. I trapped the first of two North Finchley's for tonight. The latter one from Tooley street at the end of my shift To take me home. And Whilst in Finchley Central I got a Four hander to Edgware, To take me even Closer to Home. A Stark contrast from the start of my shift.

Anyway back to the cab. I was driving along Kings road tonight with four passengers on Board. And the Buzzer for the rear steer came on plus a red light. I had to pull over press the button Then put it into reverse. To make the light go out. Before continuing on my way. Great Eh. No doubt when I'm on the phone tomorrow to Kpm I will get the Pat Answer. As I did the other day. I rang to enquire as to why the Rear steering light kept flashing intermittently. I was told that "This is the first time we've come across this problem". To which I replied that's what I was told with the last steering problem I had. "Well run it in and we will take a look." Now I'm beginning to wonder am I going to be spending the rest of my days Running it in, To have a look. Well here's the Million Dollar Question. Are what they telling me true am I the only one experiencing this problem...?

Anyway as I said before. I will continue to post my experiences. Whether they be Good Bad or Indifferent
Until next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home