Wednesday 8 April 2009

Vito Day Seven

Well its safe to say that. There are quite a few out there. That don't recognise The Vito as a Licensed London black cab. For the second day running Iv been sat on point at the Dorchester. Only to watch someone come out look my way then walk to Park lane to flag a cab. This time I blew my horn and flashed my lights. And the two Women looking for a Cab came back. After pulling away with them on board. I enquired did they not recognise me as a cab. To which one of them replied. "My friend said you were a Cab we just wasn't sure. Also earlier on in my shift. I watched a woman walk right past me in Oxford st and jump into the cab behind.

If i said it was slow at work tonight I would have been lying. Stationary more like.
So Carlos and I decided to rank up in Saint James's Square. And go to the cinema in lower Regent street. To see The Damned Utd. A Story about Brian Clough's brief spell as manager of Leeds United football club in 1974. Carlos being a Leeds fan & me looking for any excuse to skive off work. £13 a head to get in. We practically had the cinema to ourselves. Armed with Big boxes of popcorn And Diet coke. We settled down in very comfortable seats to watch a very enjoyable film in my opinion.

We left the cinema at 10.30 just in time for the rush. Ha Ha. I forgot to mention that when we parked up. We got chatting to another Cabbie with a Vito. & asked him if he had any trouble with the rear steer. He said he hadn't. But knew someone who had. I mentioned to him how amazed I was at the size of the fuel tank. And he said he had filled his up costing him £92. But he had got four shifts out of that. He also said he would never go back to a Regular cab now. And he also reassured me it took him a couple of weeks to get used to it. And he did wonder in that time had he made the right move.

All in All after working this cab for a week now. I would have to give it the thumbs up so far. Even with the problems Iv had with the steering. The comfort alone is a vast improvement. Well one punter Chucking up in the back might change all that. Anyway Onwards & Upwards.
Until next time B'Lucky Be safe & keep the doors Locked. Thats if you can open them in the first place.LoL.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking forward to reading more about your experience with your new Vito taxi. Keep them coming.

Here's another opinion about the Vito cab I found on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hziiR7-vLWg

8 April 2009 at 08:43  
Blogger John said...

I bought a small little thing which flashes "for" and then "hire" it sits on the dash, can be seen in daylight. Works a treat.
There is a longer one where the for hire flashes on together.

Good luck with the new bus.

9 April 2009 at 22:43  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home