Tuesday 7 April 2009

Vito Day Six

Day Six brings me up to Date. After tonight's shift I will give my verdict so far of working the new Vito Within the Metropolis.
Well last night was pretty uneventful also just a few things of note. Like I was sitting on point at the Dorchester. When I noticed a guy come out of the hotel look my way then proceed to walk out into Park lane and flag a cab down. It has to be said it was dark & the Taxi roof light on one of these things is unmissable. Make your own conclusions.

The other two things of note are. I was ranked up on the South kensington rank when a girl approached me on my side and asked for the Collection in Brompton rd. So I opened the door for her she then walked around the other side. so I closed that door and opened the other. After getting in I closed the door but the rear light never went out & the Buzzer was still sounding to let me know the door wasn't closed. I opened and closed the door again much to her bemusement but nothing changed. So I decided the collection was only around the corner Id drop her off then sort it. Driving down the road with the rear light on and this buzzer sounding in my ear.

After dropping her off I pulled up the road and got out.I tried opening and closing the door from the outside but No difference. Totally pissed off I thought that was going to be the end of my nights work. When the thought came to me to try the offside door. I cant tell you how happy I was when it had the desired affect.

The other Moment of note was when I picked up this young couple in Great Portland st. Who were going to Hampstead. Pulling away I could hear the guy saying something to me, so I put the intercom on only to hear "are you going to close the door". Then I realised Id done it again, pressed the window button instead of the door. Even though the Buzzer was sounding I failed to pick up on it. I have to say I think these problems are my failings not the cabs.
I really do most things in Autopilot and am sure not before too long I'll be doing it Blindfolded.
I really am a creature of habit. Anyway until next time B'lucky.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home