Sunday 2 September 2007

SEDUCE MY ANTIQUATED FOOTWEAR


Saturday night started off as expected, First job Finchley road to Heddon street lovely straight into the middle, drop off there and its round onto the Hilton, Doorman call's me over,

Golden Hinde please Driver, is that the Chippie in Marylebone lane Say's me, No Say's the punter its a Ship in Clink st s.e.1, ok off i go, I'd better Give Mr Knowledge a ring AKA Londoncabby, to make sure I know whereabouts the drop off is, To my amazement He dropped it, didn't know, Anyway i could see it on the pda Map and decided to attack it from Bedale st, as I'm going along Southwark st, Police car's and Van's are Zooming by me Siren's Whaling, Thinking nothing more of it i turn into Bedale st, and am met by No Joke Fifty policemen, Met Police, British Transport Police, Plain Clothed Police, and it was then i noticed the road was covered in Broken Glass, Police Vehicles Blocked my path, so the passengers Got out and walked, i was payed off and decided I'd better turn around and high tail it out of there, This time my path was blocked by some Guy sweeping up the Glass, Curiosity got the better of me so i stuck my head out the window, and asked what had happened, This is how he told it, "Millwall came down here and grabbed hold of everything that wasn't bolted down Glasses Bottles, and anything else to hand, and started to launch them at Huddersfield, Spoiling a perfectly Good Saturday, " Off goes the Hire light, Zooming past Panic stricken faces everywhere with their hands out, Driving past London bridge station, i could see a Right old Cafufull going on in there,

Across London Bridge to Safety and left into Cannon St, I'm flagged down by a Couple off out for the night that want to go to St John st, Thank God for that i think away from all the trouble, anyway after dropping them off i headed along Clerkenwell rd back into Town, I Trapped a fare By Clerkenwell Green, Three old boy's "We've been waiting Fifteen minutes for a cab What's going on Anyway You're here now can you take us to London Bridge stn, You couldn't make it up if i saw something like that on Eastenders I'd say "How Corny" Its at this point i ask the Three old Boy's if they are Millwall Football Hooligans, I told them what had been going on, Partly hoping they might change their mind's, They gave me their assurances they were past Punch ups, One old Boy pipe's up i used to play for Urinal's UTD, i couldn't help myself so i said, "I bet you didnt kick up a stink when you lost Though" And it went straight past them,

Happily by the time i got back to London Bridge all was Quite on the Western Front,, As there was A Que for Cab's, i Got a fare up to New North Rd In Highbury .
The rest of my evening was pretty uneventful by Saturday's standards and at Midnight i got a job up to Hampstead and decided to call it a night, to Quit while ahead.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hells Bells. Sounds like you did the right thing getting out of there, nasty.
I used to live 5 minutes from Clerkenwell road & still go up to see mates, I had a grin on my face reading it. All familiar ground :)

4 September 2007 at 07:38  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well written article.

11 November 2008 at 06:16  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home