Monday 20 August 2007

Against my better judgement

Iv been known to have a disaster or two, i think the best way to kick this Blog off is to explain a little about my Good Self.
Iv been driving a London taxi for 13 years now, On the day i passed the Knowledge i went with my Cabbie mate Carlos to go & pick up my cab from Coley Allen's east London, Against my better judgement i allowed Carlos to talk me into going out to Heathrow to pick up my first fare on the way out there i realised the tradition is to do the first fare free of charge not being superstitious i just did the job into a London hotel & i think at the time got roughly £35 and duly went straight back for some more of the same, on the way back to Heathrow on the elevated section of the M4 motorway the bonnet flew up into the air and buckled the bonnet so i ended up tying down the bonnet and limping back to the garage i prayed this wasn't a taste of things to come, i thought when i got to the garage they would give me another cab they just simply took another bonnet that had just come out of the spray booth and fitted it to mine.
Like the fool i am and being keen i went back out there for some more, by the way when you get a job out there it means Heathrow
The feeder park for taxis at Heathrow in them days had a feeder rank into the main rank this was aptly named the Banjo Cos of its shape, you could Que for some time here edging forward a few feet at a time, it was a roasting hot day I'll never forget as i edged forward i thought i was hallucinating as the paint on the bonnet started to slide off the bonnet and show the primer underneath, obviously the paint hadn't dried properly and the heat of the sun coupled with the movement was too much for the paintwork, it didn't exactly inspire me with confidence for the future
I used to just think i was just unlucky but even in my first week of being a butter boy Some lunatic overshot a junction ploughed into the side of my cab a coley Allen special, very nearly sending me through a shop window i got carted off to hospital in a neck brace strapped to a spinal board
"IT could only happen to you" Carlos would say
Anyway as i get used to Blogging i will fill you in with some-more disasters.
Anyway Goodnight for now Don't all rush at once to post a comment
Titanic signing off

3 Comments:

Blogger Truckmann said...

Nice post Titanic. I used to have the same template as you but changed it as I'm sure you will in time. I remember the bonnet incident as I was behind you on the M4 when it happened. A good idea when prepairing your post is to do it in Word then spellcheck it then cut and paste. Just a suggestion.
Be Lucky
LC

20 August 2007 at 02:58  
Blogger Unknown said...

Good blog. I also read London_cabby blog too.

O

20 August 2007 at 22:11  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was certainly interesting for me to read the post. Thanx for it. I like such themes and everything that is connected to this matter. I would like to read more soon.

17 November 2009 at 15:47  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home