Sunday 12 April 2009

Not the usual Saturday Night Diplomacy

Saturdays nights driving a cab around the streets of London. Can often call for a bit of Diplomacy on behalf of the Cabbie. Humouring an aggressive drunk bending your ear with the biggest load of old crap that you re not even remotely interested in. "Yeah Yeah WoW thats Amazing, How cool is that". Agreeing with just about everything and anything with a Drunk Who's a Legend in his own mind.Is about as tedious as it Gets.

But what about when the Aggression comes from a stone cold sober. Officer of the diplomatic police force. Who's bending your ear about the biggest load of old crap you've ever heard of.
Well that's exactly what happened to me tonight. I picked up a fare in Fulham road by Bibendum's Two guys going to Nizomi's in Beauchamp place. I was chatting to Carlos at the time on my Hands free.
Who so happened to be coming down Beauchamp place in the opposite direction at the time.

As I was pulling up to drop off outside Nizomi's. I noticed a red Diplomatic police car behind me. So I made sure I pulled in tight to the kerb so he could pass without Hindrance. When I came to a halt I had the handbrake on within seconds and the doors open. All of a sudden the blue light came on with a quick burst of the siren. I thought he must of got an emergency call to answer.

But he pulled up alongside me blocking the road. And said to me what did I think I was up to. "Dropping off a fare" says I. "Well you shouldn't be stopping here" he says. "I'm doing my Job" I said. "Well you should stop somewhere else" "Like Where" He looks up and down the road and replies "Well you shouldn't stop here" I said " for a diplomatic Policeman your not being very Diplomatic". I think at that moment he realised How petty the whole thing was and he just drove off.

Carlos was able to see and hear everything And agreed How petty it all was.
Well it takes all sorts and with all the drunks about tonight. that was the only bit of trouble I had the whole night.
Anyway Be Lucky and Be Safe.

2 Comments:

Anonymous MonkAre said...

It’s so nice site. We love to see more on this site. Keep on updating… MonkAreRee Bali ***esfsdz

13 April 2009 at 12:01  
Anonymous Londra said...

Cops are cops. Everywhere...

29 May 2009 at 16:59  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home